2019 Double AA Sports Spring Montvale Co-Ed League Rules - Updated March 16, 2019
1. The Spring League is a USA (ASA) Slow Pitch League governed by USA rules for 2019.
2. Team rosters must be submitted to the league by April 1, 2019 Rosters will consist of up to 25 players. Rosters may be updated through June 1, 2019 providing that the league is notified 24 hours in advance of the game. It is the responsibility of the team manager to submit roster to the league commissioner prior to them playing in a game. No Player C rated or above can play in this league.
Players must play in a minimum of 4 games during the season to be eligible for the playoffs.
3. A player may only play for one team during the course of the season. Violation of this will result in a forfeit.
4. Game results: The Winning team is responsible to call all scores in by 9am the next day to Tony 201-248-5057 or send an text or email to: email@example.com.
5. At the pre-game captains meeting with the umpire captains need to review league rules and field ground rules.
6. The pitching is lob pitch, No speed at all on the pitch. The arc is 6-12 feet from the ground. An illegal pitch will be called if either the pitch is too high, too low or too fast. If a batter swings at or contacts any illegal pitch, it is nullified and all play stands (live ball). If the batter does not swing a ball will be called on the batter.
7. The Mound is 50 feet from home plate. If there's a pitcher's rubber the pitcher's must have at least one foot in contact with the pitchers rubber.
Note-The Pitching rubber at the Softball field in Montvale is NOT 50 feet
8. Bases are 60 feet and each team must have bases.
9. The Double AA Sports Spring League will be using the double base at 1st base for the 2019 season. If teams have the double base they may use it.
10. When a batter has 2 strikes they will be allowed one courtesy foul but then the next foul would be an out.
11. No metal spikes - anyone wearing metal spikes will be ejected from the game and can not return for that game
12. Each team must field at least 8 players to start the game. If a team cannot field 8, it must forfeit. If a player has to leave once the game has started, that team may continue to play as long as it can field 8 players. If they cannot field 8, they forfeit. One of the 8 Players must be a catcher.
13. COURTESY RUNNER – Each team is allowed two courtesy runner per game it is always the last batted out any additional runners should be agreed upon before the game. In the 1st Inning with no outs the last batter in the order will be the runner.
14. 15 RUN RULE - If a team is leading by 15 runs at the end of Four and one-half (4-1/2) innings (Five (5) innings if the home team is losing); or if after 5 innings, the complete inning thereafter; the game will be stopped and regarded as complete. This will be enforced for the Regular Season.
”15 Run Rule will apply in the Playoff’s.”
15. Home team is noted as second team on schedule page.
16. Each team will present 1 Dudley softballs as provided by the league to the umpire. This is the only ball to be used. If a team does not bring their new game balls, they will hit with their back up league balls. The team that supplies balls will hit with their new balls. (We will use Yellow ASA 300 .52 Softballs - USA Softball)
New Balls will be placed into game in the Top and Bottom of 1st inning.
17. You may bat up to 15 Players - The 9th through 15th players may be added to the lineup as they arrive. The players can substitute for players in the field. But if you start with 15 you must finish with 15 players in the batting order or when that turn comes up it will be an out. The TWO required Women in the Lineup MUST bat within the first 10 batting positions. Then you can bat up to four additional male players, If you want to Bat 15 then one of the 5 extra hitters MUST be a female.
18. If there is a play at any base, the base runner must go down (slide) or avoid the play (get out of the way). In the eyes of the umpire, if he believes interference occurred, the batter and/or base runner can be called out.
19. Games are scheduled for seven (7) innings. Four and one-half (4-1/2) innings are necessary for a game to be considered complete, five (5) innings if the home team is losing. After the 5th inning then revert back to the last complete inning and the game is over, if the game is tie then teams will receive a tie, regular season.
20. All players must have a shirt signifying the team’s name or logo that they are representing.
There is no penalty for this rule. It is suggested to promote positive appearance for the team and league.
21. All bats utilized in the Fall League must be on the American Softball Association (ASA) Certified Listing (http://www.softball.org/about/certified_equipment.asp). Then select bats, select go and review .pdf file.
* Penalty - Shaved Bats - Anyone caught with a shaved bat your team will forfeit the games that day (2 games) and forfeit your previous 2 wins. Plus the player with the shaved bat will be suspended for the remainder of the year. As I said at the meeting last night. I will have the head of USA (ASA) show up unannounced at games where I get complaints from teams of another team using shaved bat. He has a machine to test the bat. He will have the final say on if the bat is shaved or not.
22. Game times are noted on the schedules. Forfeit time is 15 minutes past starting time for 1st game and an additional 15 minutes for 2nd game to be declared a forfeit.
23. Anyone thrown out of the game by the umpire’s will receive a one game suspension. If the same player gets thrown out of another game that player is suspended for the remainder of the season including playoff’s.
The Commissioner's, Captains and umpire involved will review all ejection's.
24. In the rare event the umpire does not show up for a scheduled game. The coaches can agree to play the game using an agreed upon person as the umpire or the catcher can call balls and strikes and the base coaches call the bases OR they can have the game rescheduled. PLEASE try to play games whenever possible to avoid rescheduling.
25. Protests - There will be a $35. Charge for all filed protests if you win the protest the money is refunded. Protests may only be made on an incorrect interpretation of the rules. All protests must be sent via e-mail within 24 hours of your game.
26. Inclement weather: A league decision on rainouts will be made between 3:30-4:30pm on Game day and will be posted on the Web Site or I will text or email captains.
27. Three (3) forfeits are allowed per season. On the fourth forfeit, the team is automatically dropped from the league.
28. All teams are to clean up any mess they have made at all fields.
29. Alcoholic Beverages and any illegal or controlled substances are prohibited on or near playing fields at all times. ANY TEAM, OR MEMBER OF A TEAM CAUGHT VIOLATING THIS RULE MAY SUBJECT HIS TEAM TO DISMISSAL FROM THE LEAGUE. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
30. Rain Out Policy: All Games will be made up
31. Teams can play 3 or 4 Outfielders in Softball. If they play 3 Outfielders the extra player can play in the infield.
32. The Batter will start with a 1-1 count in this league.
33. Forfeit Score will be 7-0
34. Outfielders MUST play in the outfield, no more than 5 infielders.
On Baseball infields the outfield must play on the grass.
On softball infields the outfield must play 20 feet back from infield on the grass on back field. On Front field outfielders must start on grass.
35. MAX is 8 men on the field at any time
36. If ONE Women is missing the 10th batter in a lineup is an out . If TWO Women are missing the 9th and 10th batter in lineup is an out.
37. If Man batting in front of a Women is walked on 3 balls in a row then, the Women batting next has choice to walk or hit. If Male receives one strike then female MUST hit.
38. Any ball hit into the parking lot from back field or the back woods from the front field on a fly or roll is a Homerun for safety reasons.
39. Re-Establish rule a runner on first or third can stand off the base for safety however it is a force back to the base.
40. Batting Order - The 2 women MUST be included somewhere in the first 10 spots in the batting order.
2019 BAT Compression Test Rule and Penalty
If bat is surrendered to umpire the testing can be done and returned in most cases in one day.
2019 PLAYOFFS -
As per Capt Mtg ALL Teams will make the playoffs in 2019
*** I recommend ALL Pitchers wear a mask or helmet when pitching and infielders wear a mask - which could help from bad hops or line drives ***