2021 Double AA Sports Spring/Fall Garfield Co-Ed League Rules -Updated April 9, 2021
1. The Spring/Fall League is a USA (ASA) Slow Pitch League governed by USA rules for 2021.
2. Team rosters must be submitted to the league by April 1, 2021. Rosters will consist of up to 25 players. Rosters may be updated as long as team has 4 games remaining on schedule and league is notified in advance of the game. It is the responsibility of the team manager to submit roster to the league commissioner prior to them playing in a game. Players must play in a minimum of 4 games during the season to be eligible for the playoffs.
Penalty for non-rostered players is a forfeit.
3. A player may only play for one team during the course of the season. Violation of this will result in a forfeit.
4. Game results: The Winning team is responsible to call all scores in by 3pm next day to Tony 201-248-5057 or send an email to: email@example.com.
5. At the pre-game captains meeting with the umpire captains need to review league rules and field ground rules.
6. The pitching is lob pitch, No speed at all on the pitch. The arc is 6-12 feet from the ground. An illegal pitch will be called if either the pitch is too high, too low or too fast. If a batter swings at or contacts any illegal pitch, it is nullified and all play stands (live ball). If the batter does not swing a ball will be called on the batter.
*** We will use a MAT. If the ball hits home plate or the Mat its a strike. The Umpire will provide the Mat ***
7. The Mound is 50 feet from home plate. If there's a pitcher's rubber the pitcher's must have at least one foot in contact with the pitchers rubber.
8. Bases are 65 feet and each team must have bases.
9. The DoubleAA Sports Spring League will be using the double base at 1st base for the 2021 season
10. Batter with 2 strikes will have one courtesy foul
11. No metal spikes - anyone wearing metal spikes will be ejected from the game and can not return for that game
12. Each team must field at least 8 players to start the game. If a team cannot field 8, it must forfeit. If a player has to leave once the game has started, that team may continue to play as long as it can field 8 players. If they cannot field 8, they forfeit. One of the 8 Players must be a catcher.
13. COURTESY RUNNER – Each team is allowed two courtesy runner per game it is always the last batted out any additional runners should be agreed upon before the game. In the 1st Inning with no outs the last batter in the order will be the runner. (Female for Female / Male for Male)
14. 15/12 RUN RULE - If a team is leading by 15 runs at the end of Three and one-half (3-1/2) innings (Four (4) innings if the home team is losing); 12 runs after 5 innings, the complete inning thereafter; the game will be stopped and regarded as complete. This will be enforced for the Regular Season.
”15/12 Run Rule will apply in the Playoff’s.”
15. Home team is noted as second team on schedule page.
16. The Captains will have ALL Game balls. We will use Yellow USA 300 .52 Softballs New USA Softball
New Balls will be placed into game in the Top and Bottom of 1st inning.
17. Batting Order - The first ten in the lineup can be in any order Male/Female (7-3 Ratio) If you add additional batters after the initial 10 you must alternate Male/Female. You can bat as many batters as your team need to. IF team does not have 3 Females batting then you can not add extra hitters.
18. If there is a play at any base, the base runner must go down (slide) or avoid the play (get out of the way). In the eyes of the umpire, if he believes interference occurred, the batter and/or base runner can be called out.
19. Games are scheduled for seven (7) innings. Four and one-half (4-1/2) innings are necessary for a game to be considered complete, five (5) innings if the home team is losing. After the 5th inning then revert back to the last complete inning and the game is over, if the game is tie then teams will receive a tie, regular season.
20. All players must have a shirt signifying the team’s name or logo that they are representing.
There is no penalty for this rule. It is suggested to promote positive appearance for the team and league.
21. All bats utilized in the Fall League must be on the American Softball Association (ASA) Certified Listing (http://www.softball.org/about/certified_equipment.asp). Then select bats, select go and review .pdf file.
* Penalty - Shaved Bats - Anyone caught with a shaved bat your team will forfeit the games that day (2 games) and forfeit your previous 2 wins. Plus the player with the shaved bat will be suspended for the remainder of the year. As I said at the meeting last night. I will have the head of ASA show up unannouced at games where I get complaints from teams of another team using shaved bat. He has a machine to test the bat. He will have the final say on if the bat is shaved or not.
22. Game times are noted on the schedules. Forfeit time is 15 minutes past starting time for 1st game and an additional 15 minutes for 2nd game to be declared a forfeit.
23. Anyone thrown out of the game by the umpire’s will receive a one game suspension. If the same player gets thrown out of another game that player is suspended for the remainder of the season including playoff’s.
The Commissioner's, Captains and umpire involved will review all ejection's.
24. In the rare event the umpire does not show up for a scheduled game. The coaches can agree to play the game using an agreed upon person as the umpire or the catcher can call balls and strikes and the base coaches call the bases OR they can have the game rescheduled. PLEASE try to play games whenever possible to avoid rescheduling.
25. Protests - There will be a $35. Charge for all filed protests if you win the protest the money is refunded. Protests may only be made on an incorrect interpretation of the rules. All protests must be sent via e-mail within 24 hours of your game.
26. Inclement weather: A league decision on rainouts will be made between 3:30-4:30pm , I will text or email captains as soon as town makes decision on field.
27. Four (4) forfeits are allowed per season. On the fifth forfeit, the team is automatically dropped from the league.
28. All teams are to clean up any mess they have made at all fields.
29. Alcoholic Beverages and any illegal or controlled substances are prohibited on or near playing fields at all times. ANY TEAM, OR MEMBER OF A TEAM CAUGHT VIOLATING THIS RULE MAY SUBJECT HIS TEAM TO DISMISSAL FROM THE LEAGUE. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
30. Rain Out Policy: All Games will be made up
31. Teams can play 3 or 4 Outfielders in Softball. If they play 3 Outfielders the extra player can play in the infield. Outfielders MUST play at least 20 Feet in the outfield. An extra infielder must declare their intentions prior to the pitch.
32. The Batter will start with a 1-1 count in this league.
33. Forfeit Score will be 7-0
34. Outfielders MUST play in the outfield, no more than 5 infielders
35. MAX is 7 men on the field at any time - Ratio is 7 Male / 3 Female Players
36. If TWO Women are missing the 9th batter in lineup is an out.
37. If 7 Male and 2 Females then the 10th batter in the lineup is an out.
38. When a Female is on Deck: 3 straight balls, no strikes results in Male gets 2nd base and Female has option to hit or take first base.
Any other Walk results in Male at second base and Female Must Bat.
NEW 2019 If the Batting Team does not call out "Female on Deck" by the second pitch of the AB then any resulting walk will be just normal walk situation and Male just gets first base and female must hit.
39. Forfeit score is 12-0 - Any team that forfeits 4 or more games can be prohibited from playing in the league the following year. The team may complete it’s schedule and may play in the playoffs.
Any team with 4 Forfeits will forfeit their 1st Playoff game as well.
2021 BAT Compression Test Rule and Penalty
If bat is surrendered to umpire the testing can be done and returned in most cases in one day.
Advanced Division Teams will be in "A" Playoffs
Intermediate Division Teams will be in the "B" & "C" Playoffs